The role of exchange of information in combating tax crimes to spur economic transformation in Africa.
- Tax Administrations have grappled with issues such as Transfer Pricing, Base Erosion & Profit Shifting (BEPS) and a number of other tax crimes.
- This poses a serious risk to Tax Revenues particularly in Developing economies that host Multinational Enterprises (MNEs).
- While African economies are making strides to improve BEPS rules into their legislation, there is a need to focus on solutions that will help African nations safeguard revenue from challenges arising from the rapid globalization and digitization that are likely to spur IFFs and Tax Crimes.
- Intelligence gathering, sharing and analysis therefore forms a critical basis for tackling these challenges.
- This session will focus on instruments, treaties and other solutions that Africa can adopt in enhancing intelligence management to curb and protect illicit financial flows into and out of Africa